St Mary & St Michael Primary School
We seek a Christ centred community where all individuals are valued and co-operate to realise each persons fullest potential. It will be united in Christ through prayer, love, respect for others and support for individuals, families and the wider community.
- To ensure that the curriculum provides a Catholic Christian setting in which children can grow in understanding, in acquisition of skills, attitudes and values.
- To exercise Christian care and concern for all pupils, parents and staff.
- To create an interaction between home, school and parish which supports and prepares children for entry to the wider community.
- To develop and build upon links with the wider community showing respect for other peoples’ values and beliefs.
- To make prayer, worship and liturgy personally enriching experiences and to contribute successfully to the development of faith of each individual in the school community.
To enable pupils to:
- Read a variety of books and other texts with understand and enjoyment.
- Work with others to investigate, explore and solve problems.
- Apply mathematical skills and concepts in everyday settings.
- Obtain information and record findings in a variety of ways.
- Show an understanding of science and technology through first hand experience.
- Communicate clearly and confidently with adults and children.
- Write legibly and accurately for a variety of personal, practical and imaginative purposes.
The school website is at www.stmary-stmichael.co.uk.
St Mary & St Michael Catholic Primary School
Rue des Monts
Tel: 01481 245 020