Meeting on Tuesday 5th September 2017
Present:Canon Michael, Father Paul, Father Michal, Deacon Mark, Paula Brierley, Sister de Lourdes, Lucy Despres, Paul Robilliard, Pat Devenport.
- The meeting opened with a prayer led by Paula Brierley.
- Apologies for absence -Paul Burnard, Owen Lee.
- The Minutes of the May meeting were approved.
a) Lucy Despres gave feedback on the Catholic Youth Weekend held at Blanchelande on 24th/25th June. The weekend was very successful and the contribution made by the two Sisters from Sway was much appreciated. The number of young people attending was a little disappointing. The mass was well supported.
b) Paul Burnard emailed the youth report to all PEC members. As Paul was unable to attend the meeting, discussion of the contents was deferred until the October meeting.
c) The procession at The Little Chapel in August was very enjoyable and prayerful with a very encouraging attendance.
d) Parishioners are permitted to continue using the former Education car park at weekends and for funerals/large parish events.
e) The sound system in St Joseph’s church has been checked and appears to be working well.
Correspondence and Communication
- Ways of making mass times available to visitors other than just through The Link/Church noticeboards was discussed.
- Cards with the times of services over Easter/Christmas and their distribution to hotels etc for visitors will be discussed at the October PEC. The Legion of Mary have offered to assist with the distribution.
- It is hoped that once again the Catholic Church will be represented in St Peter Port on one Thursday during late night opening in December.
The date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at 6.00pm and prayers will be led by Owen Lee.
The meeting closed at 7.10pm with a prayer laed by Paula Brierley.