Minutes of the meeting held on 6th October 2015 at 6pm
Present: Canon Michael, Father Paul, Paula Brierley, Deacon Mark, Owen Lee, Paul Burnard, Ryan Dekker
- The meeting opened with a prayer led by Ryan Dekker
- Apologies for absence: Pat Devenport
- The minutes of the last meeting were read and approved
- Correspondence: None
- Matters arising/Action plans:
Evangelisation Strategy – Copies of The Evangelisation Strategy Team booklet were given out to each of those present. It was agreed that members of the Council would go through the booklet and look at the Diocesan website in preparation for a discussion at November’s meeting. It was also decided that the whole of November’s meeting would be dedicated to this topic. Action All: read and come prepared to discuss this topic at the next meeting.
- Youth News: A report was circulated by Paul Burnard. Action: Paul to send report so that it can be attached to these minutes.
- Confirmation Programme: Update covered in the attached report.
- Called and Gifted Programme:
This is a programme intended for personal development enabling people to discover/use their God given spiritual talents.
24th and 25th June 2016 have been set for this programme to run in our parish. Communication of a ‘hold the date’ will go out after Christmas. There will need to be a team assembled to assist with the organisation of this programme. Action: Communication to be put in the Link after Christmas.
- Mary’s Meals: A volunteer from Mary’s Meals will be attending the event on 17th October to speak about the charity. It was also hoped that the volunteer may be able to speak after the Masses during that weekend.
- AOB: Deacon Mark gave feedback from a conference on ‘Modern Slavery’ which he had attended in Basingstoke. ‘A Modern Response to Modern Slavery’ is a report recommended for reading. The report can be found on the Centre for Social Justice website. The importance of encouraging our parish to look more deeply into this issue was discussed. Discussion took place regarding putting up multi-lingual posters in the churches to let people reach out for help. Action: This topic needs to be revisited and discussed further.
- The date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 3rd November 2015 and the prayer will be led by Paul Burnard. The meeting closed at 7.35pm