News

GPC Meeting Minutes – 2nd June 2015

Minutes of the meeting held on 2nd June 2015 at 6.00pm
Present: Canon Michael,Paula Brierley, Helen Foxen, Deacon Mark and Father Paul.
1. The meeting opened with a prayer led by Paula Brierley.
2. Apologies for absence were received from Paul Burnard and Owen Lee.
3. The minutes of the last meeting were read and an amendment to the date of the parish celebration for John Paul Lyttle’s ordination was made. Helen will forward the amended minutes to the Parish Office this week.
4. Matters Arising / Action plans :
· The parish supper in aid of Mary’s Meals had taken place and over £3000 was raised for the charity. The organisers,Gloria and Ryan Dekker were
provided by the charity, with details of how to transfer these funds. Ryan will contact Yvonne at the parish office to share these details with her.
It had been an excellent evening which demonstrated both parish support for this charity and the fact that parishioners enjoy getting together.
· It had been hoped that the Redemptorist mission team could come back for a post mission short visit during Advent this year, but Deacon Mark
informed the council that the hoped for time slot was now no longer available. There may be a possibility of another time slot but not during
Advent.
· To mark the ordination of John Paul Lyttle, parishioners will be invited to attend mass in St Joseph’s at 6.30pm on Sunday 5th July. This will be
followed by refreshments ( cake / teas) in the hall. Envelopes have been ordered and will shortly be put in church porches to enable donations from parishioners to John Paul to be given.
Action plan: Deacon Mark will put a notice in the Link to inform parishioners of the date and will he will also organise an appeal for the donation of
cakes, just as was done for the last evening of the mission. Helen will email the secretary of the UCM to let members know about this.
5. Correspondence and Communications
There were no items of correspondence this month.
6. Youth News
The Confirmation program which began with the Spirit on the Rock retreat in Jersey is now underway.
7. AOB
– Andre Herve the leader of the RCIA program will now step back from this post. This was discussed by the council. Deacon Mark will take over this role from September 2016. Arrangements are not yet made for the interim period.
– Deacon Mark has put together a team of people who are willing to help redecorate the Parish Rooms. Canon Michael agreed to a second collection
being taken to fund the materials necessary for this.
8. The date of the next meeting will be Tuesday 7th July and the prayer will be led by Ryan.
9. There being no other business, the meeting closed at 7pm with a prayer led by Paula.